The roots of Reiki lie in Tibet and was founded by Mikao Usui and it is thanks to him and his followers that we are able to share the benefits of Reiki with you today. Treatment with Reiki heals in a gentle and harmless way, the main requirement is that the person receiving the treatment has faith that they can be cured and they want to be cured.
Which problems can Reiki address?
I’d like to say – any problem, but the therapist is not the magician who holds the magic wand and can heal everyone and everything. The client is the true magician who holds the key to his or her healing, it is the power of his or her thoughts that can do wonders. Reiki can help you to find the wand and to catch it but how long you hold on to it and how you use it, depends entirely on you. Reiki in principle can be used for the treatment of any disease. There are cases in which you should not use hands on massage techniques, for example, with certain skin conditions, severe heart disease, severe diseases or conditions of the bones and fractures. In these cases Reiki is a complete alternative, since there are no contraindications. The most important application of Reiki however, is on a spiritual, mental and emotional level where it helps to alleviate Stress, Depression, Insomnia, Lethargy and fatigue. As a Reiki therapist, it is knowing when to use this treatment with clients.
Success depends not only on the energy flow of the therapist but also on naturally occurring factors such as sympathy and antipathy, trust and distrust. The client needs to feel comfortable enough to fully trust the therapist and be open to the process. Without these elements, a barrier will form which will be impenetrable. If you have any doubts whatsoever, this treatment may not be for you. The treatment enjoys great success when there is no tension, when the energy is allowed to flow gently and freely. Calm and positive thoughts and feelings are the best prerequisites for effective treatment.
How many sessions are usually needed?
The duration of the session depends primarily on the nature of the health problem. Before each session I will take some history to find out the duration of the problem, if it is reoccurring or a chronic condition. I will take into account the age of the client and most importantly, their inner attitude and emotional state. I will then develop a bespoke treatment plan with the client as every client’s needs are different. Reiki Tradition says that the first 4 sessions should be consecutive, in order to activate the healing process. Following this 6 or more session should be carried out, depending on the nature of the presenting problem.
What else do I need to know?
It is recommended that during the session the client is lying down as it helps with the relaxation process. Although, this can be discussed if you do not feel comfortable in the lying down position. Unlike massage, you will be fully clothed throughout the duration of treatment.
My experience shows that the combined use of massage techniques and Reiki leads to improved results. It brings together the physical and spiritual which stimulates the hidden forces of the body for healing.
- Harmonise and improve your health and your way of life.
- Improve you physical, emotional and mental well-being
- Heal and increase your personal incentive.
- Balance and improve your energy.
- Remove toxins from your physical body.
- Help relieve tension and relax your body.
- Ease your stress and depression.
- Heal disease and ease the pain in your musculoskeletal system: bones, joints, problems with the spine, back pain, cartilage, muscles, tendons, rheumatism, arthritis and others.
- Alleviate respiratory diseases such as asthma, the effects of pneumonia, and other breathing difficulties.
- Helps with conditions in the urinary system: kidneys, urethra and bladder.
- Improve problems in the reproductive system.
- Strengthen the immune system.
- Reduce pain and side effects of medication, chemotherapy and different radiation treatments.
- Support prior to surgical procedures – reduce amount of painkillers and improve speed of recovery.
Please note that Reiki does not replace the need for modern medicines. Clients should see their GP before embarking on a course of treatment for medical issues and should only book sessions as a complementary treatment and never in replacement of prescribed medical treatment.